PAUP* communication package for Mesquite
David Maddison & Wayne Maddison
January 2001, version 0.9.
This package provides interaction with PAUP* (Swofford). It is
currently only functional on Macintosh operating systems.
Some of the modules currently included are:
- DecayIndexPAUP -- Asks PAUP to do searches to find the
length of the most parsimonious trees without each branch on the
- LikelihoodFromPAUP -- Asks PAUP to calculate the
likelihood of a tree.
- GammaFromPAUP -- Asks PAUP to estimate the gamma shape
parameter for a tree using maximum likelihood.
- PInvarFromPAUP -- Asks PAUP to estimate the proportion
of invariant characters in a Proportion Invariant Rates Model for
a tree using maximum likelihood.
- tRatioFromPAUP -- Asks PAUP to estimate the
transition/transversion ratio for a tree using maximum
To install the PAUP* communications package, the "paupcomm"
directory must be installed in the "mesquite" directory within
"Mesquite Folder". This also requires the "comm" directory being
present in the "mesquite" directory.
© David Maddison & Wayne Maddison, 2001